Saturday, January 9, 2016

The Thoughts Behind Those Eyes

Dear Peeps,

Oh oh oh, it is Friday night! I am actually doing some recording in the studio of my dear friend this evening. We worked on one of my songs recently but tonight we are working on one of his. I am singing three or four lines of backup vocals. My wish is for some CDs to be made from all of this. If it comes to pass, I will sure let you know!

In other news, the sleep mask lady (as we have so named her) has changed up her scarf and necklace today. She sold the velvet choker with the bee on it.



I think she looks quite serene with her coffee cup necklace and white cotton scarf. But hers is not the only face I looked at today.



Every time I look at these two I wonder what they are talking about. (Don't you love old photos?)



And be still my heart! Look at this beautiful old photo, taken by Elmer Chickering. He must have been an excellent photographer. A search of his work shows that he photographed some famous people. Out of all the old photos I have, this is one of the clearest. It is just lovely. Look at her dress! Imagine the sewing that went into that.

Another face or two is this celestial sort of wall plaque added to the shop recently.



My sweet mama brought me a Norman Rockwell piece. It is neat. It feels like a framed tile. Very pretty.



Norman Rockwell never gets old. I have sold two Rockwell collector plates.

On a final note, all of the christmas-y things have been removed from the shop. I am thinking forward to spring. Today I worked on getting a shelf or two in the mood for early spring. (I do promise not to forget about Valentine's Day!)



Enjoy this day!

Lynn

10 comments:

  1. Love the shelves that you have prepared for Spring, love the log candles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the things in your shop. Wish I lived closer and could see them in person.

    Hope your business is growing and that spring comes early which should bring even more people out to look through your wares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old photos are so expressive! They always make me wish for more details.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your spring shelf looks so pretty. I love the bunnies...and you too.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends, I love hearing from each and every one of you. I will always do my best to respond and to keep up with your blogs as well. xoxo Lynn