Friday, January 22, 2016

Just Another Day and a Hat with Great Shape

Dear Peeps,

Another heavy duty bag went into the shop this evening. I really like the way it turned out.



Made from pieces from the fabric stockpile.



The strap ends in a heavy metal ring on one side. Love it. Great for hanging keys.



Pink pocket on one side has a metal snap closure.



This to me is a great flea market bag or Saturday bag.

Now. Hats!! I have added 6 hats to my inventory this week. As of today, this is my favorite.



Its shape is just perfect. It has a steampunk flair that I love!

That is all for now, except that we are supposed to get some serious precipitation tonight and into early morning. I had planned to be off work tomorrow anyway to get a crown. Not on my head mind you, though that is a nice thought, but on a tooth! So I am ready to be snowed in.

Enjoy this day.

Lynn

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the bag, now that was quite an inspiration. I am now going to look at my stash of fabric to see what I can find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you are inspired! Making bags is one of my favorite things to do. Depending on the fabric and the mood, each bag turns out differently!
      xo
      Lynn

      Delete
  2. I've made lots of bags, although not lined ones like yours:) I'm sure I've had that same fabric that you lined yours with, and it would have either been made into a bag or an apron. Love the hat too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, thanks so much for stopping by! I love that when I am using remnants and no pattern, the bags just evolve into what they need to be. Cool about the lining fabric!
      xo
      Lynn

      Delete
  3. Thanks for visiting.

    I enjoy your creations. Much success in the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lynn,
    Love the bag, especially the lining. I like big loose bags like this where I can stick just about anything in:} And now, that hat! Oh my, brings back memories of when I actually wore hats. Believe it or not, I was a teenager that wore hats and never wore jeans. I had a lovely wool cream colored one with a peach ribbon and a rose. Loved it. I have a photo somewhere of my daughter when she was 2 or 3 wearing it while sitting on my Dad's lap. I gotta dig that out and post it on my blog.
    Anyway, you look great in hats, and I really like your outfit ~ what I can see of it! Oh, and that pretty blouse with the lace trim behind you...
    Laurie
    p.s. hope your tooth is alright. I don't like going to the dentist, even though I have a great one. It's just the thought. Wondering if your appt. got canceled with all that snow.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends, I love hearing from each and every one of you. I will always do my best to respond and to keep up with your blogs as well. xoxo Lynn