Tuesday, January 5, 2016

In The Spirit of Buffalo Bill

The most recent altered creation is this Buffalo Bill, lace trimmed tee shirt.







The flower is hand made from the same fabric as the added side panels. I learn a little more every time I make one. I have seen fabric flowers at times and thought "that looks so easy to make!" But not so. There is an art to making a really pretty fabric flower. Maybe time is the trick. Hard to make one that's worth anything if you don't spend a bit of time. Hmmm.

I love old ironstone. I love pink. I love crazing in old pottery, and old pottery in general.



One of my recent finds is this most excellent and absoluteLy working GE clock. Love!



Bought it not knowing if it would keep time but hoping that it would. Score!

Soft soft pink J Jill shirt.



Wonderful gypsy-esque skirt.



Inventory in the store consists of the same kinds of things I love to wear myself.



A sweet mushroom pin hangs in the shop. (Thank you, sweet Pam!)

Sidetracked has been so healing for me. So empowering. Honestly, in the past I have been discouraged from being myself. There was always a reason I could not take a risk. Always a reason something would not work. Friends, with that kind of relationship, my life was nearly consumed!! I mean, I completely understand that as parents we have to sacrifice, but in our 40s and 50s and still being convinced that we cannot do something? Let me just say that those who really love you will WANT you to do the things that help you grow and make you better and happier.

That's all.

Enjoy this day,

Lynn

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Lesa, isn't it great!! I love it. 😀 Lynn

      Delete
  2. Lynn I understand what you mean about your 'relationship' - I am in a suffocating one at the moment and each day is a challenge to get through and stay optimistic. This year is going to be 'my year' however, I am already in the process of making plans and moving forwards - I can breathe a little easier at least knowing I have a plan in place.
    Continued success with your shop - we should all have the opportunity to be 'ourselves' and it is a bitter pill to swallow when other people prevent us from being just that, we slowly wither and our souls are destroyed.
    I'm so glad you are 'out the other side' now and experiencing the happiness that has eluded you for so long.
    kindest regards, Wean (UK)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMEN to that Lynn! I love those shirts you make. Wish you would post a picture of the shirt you had hanging in your car, or is this it? I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design.

    Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...I don't know who said it but do know I get lost in creating.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends, I love hearing from each and every one of you. I will always do my best to respond and to keep up with your blogs as well. xoxo Lynn