Sunday, September 4, 2016

Acrylic Painting Faces, Daughter Growing Up, Photo Editing Fun

I will dive right in.  My girl has grown up!  Oh how I remember the sweet homeschool days and how my princess helped with the children younger than herself.

michaela FIAR homeschool

Fast forward to our recent beach trip.

michaela and mom 2016

My sweet girl is still my princess, but she has grown up! She is ever fun-loving, ever fun, and I love her so much! She is my heart. I cannot even put into words the emotions that have been involved in getting us from her wonderful birth to where we are today. We have walked some rough places together, but here we are! How did I get such a firecracker of a girl! Oh yes. I am her mom.

Now, not much to say about the following photos individually. I just wanted to share with you some of the most recent awesome vintage hats I've acquired for the shop!

 red vintage Henry Pollak

The red hat is a vintage Henry Pollack of New York (Glenover vintage hat).

 Vintage golf hat

How about a vintage Crosby golf hat!

And it's fake, the best way to have it, but how about a coon skin cap?

coon skin cap

And be still my heart! This next hat was gorgeous! I knew it would not last long. And it didn't!

 lovely pink hat

In other news, I often scan photos before I sell them. My first thought is that I might put information on line and connect families to their ancestors. However, as is the case with this photo, sometimes there is no real information to record. Just faces. Are they not sweet? This photo sold to a local doll artist. "For inspiration," she cheerfully told me. I know the photo is in good hands.

vintage children

If you are bored to tears at this point you may click away, but I wanted to show you a recent painting if you are up for it.  It is so cool, to me, to look back at versions of paintings.  I think a canvas will sort of unfold as it should once you get the basic thought on there.  Or even just the color of paint that is talking to you!  I started with a girl's face.


caged early

Looking back, maybe there is more life in the rougher draft than the final cut! I don't know. There is indeed life in her face, but not enough, in my opinion. And her eyes looks a little off. I kept painting. Finally, either I just had enough or she declared herself done, and I found a really cool frame to put her in. I call her CAGED, because there is something very sad and oppressed about her.

Do names for her come to mind? Do you see a different person in the first photo than in the second one? 
 caged finished

That's all for now! Thank you for bearing with me! Thanks for visiting!
Enjoy this day!
Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear friends, I love hearing from each and every one of you. I will always do my best to respond and to keep up with your blogs as well. xoxo Lynn