Friday, July 15, 2016

Vintage Flapper and Coin Purses

Good morning!

I just had to share a gorgeous collection of purses I acquired yesterday. They are so lovely!! I was not planning to buy anymore for the shop for a couple of weeks as it is full to the brim with treasures, but who could say no??



Top left is a flapper purse that hangs over the belt. It is made a bit like a sock on each end, with an opening in the fabric to drop coins in. It is closed by pulling the rings down.

Top right is vintage rhinestone purse from Czecho-Slovakia.

Bottom left is a penny purse that pins to clothing.



Top left handmade beaded purse Belgium.

Bottom center sterling.

Bottom right 1920s Mandalian mesh purse.



Top center metal mesh purse with 1911 engraved in front.

Bottom center Whiting and Davis mesh purse.



Top left is a souvenir coin purse with Pittsburgh Expo painted on back.

Are they not beautiful!?

Enjoy The is day!

Lynn

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful collection, indeed beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, what beautiful purses! I would hate to part with them.

    ReplyDelete

Dear friends, I love hearing from each and every one of you. I will always do my best to respond and to keep up with your blogs as well. xoxo Lynn